Saturday, May 9, 2009

STOP Buying Internet Marketing Products


I'm going to take a lot of heat from some of my buddies in the Internet Marketing field for
this article, but some things just have to be said. Ok here goes...

"You should stop spending all your money on Internet marketing related
products!" (And yes that also includes my own products, Opt-In Automator, Pop-
Up Rotator, and "The Great Ezine Experiment".)

So why am I saying this?

Well, it all springs from an email I received a few weeks ago from a guy wanting to make
a trade for Opt-In Automator. The email went something like this:
$6.00 Welcome Survey After Free Registration!
===============
"I'm very interested in your product, Opt-In Automator, but I'm really low on cash
right now so I was hoping to trade you [product name withheld] for it. If you're not
interested in this product, I have many more that I can offer you."
===============

So out of curiosity, I asked this gentleman to send me the URLs to his website(s) so I
could check out these “other products” that he mentioned.
Here was his response:

===============
"Actually I don't have my own website, yet. Right now I'm just trying to acquire all
the Internet marketing materials I can so I know what I'm doing when I finally
launch my own site."
===============

If you were paying attention, this response should have thrown up quite a few red flags.
For starters, Opt-In Automator does you absolutely no good if you don't already have
your own website and mailing list. So this guy is spending his time and money acquiring
products that are useless to him and his business. (That's not a great formula for
success.)

Second, (and this is really the whole point of this article so pay attention) the notion that
you must have all the wisdom, resources, and software at your fingertips before you start
is simply ridiculous!

Sure, you need some basic knowledge so you have some clue as to what you're doing.
So read an ebook here and there and digest all the free information you can.
$6.00 Welcome Survey After Free Registration!
But above all else, try something! Just get out there and do it. That's where you really
learn what works and what doesn't.

I see way too many people fall into the trap of "Perpetual Preparation". They spend so
much time getting ready to start their business that they never actually get around to
doing anything.

And whatever you do, stop wasting all your money buying every ebook and hot new
software product under the sun. Instead, buy a domain name and a year of hosting. Buy
an autoresponder account, and a payment processor.

In short, invest in the things that directly benefit your business before you waste
all your money on knowledge you can no longer afford to use.

Once you start turning a profit, you can let your business fund your continuing education
and also purchase that great new piece of software you've been eyeing for the last few
months. (Hopefully it's one of mine.) ;-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Hello

All About Tutorial © 2008 Business Ads Ready is Designed by Ipiet Supported by Tadpole's Notez